6 Essential Tips To Know Before Hiking With Your Dog
- Plan your trip carefully and take emergency supplies with you. You should know which route you’ll be taking when hiking and familiarize yourself and your dog with the area first. Make sure to pack enough food and water for the hike, as well as a first-aid kit in case of emergencies.
- Leash your dog. Make sure your dog is wearing a secure collar and leash before heading out on the trail. All dogs, regardless of size or breed, should be on a leash when they go hiking with you. This is important because you will not know how your dog will react to its environment, or what wildlife you may encounter. Leashing your dog will ensure that you keep them safe, and keep other hikers and wildlife safe.
- Pay attention to your surroundings. Always keep your eyes open and be alert for potential dangers. Wear bright-colored clothing so that people will be able to spot you.
- Take breaks and allow your dog to rest. It’s important to take regular breaks while hiking with your dog. This will help you stay alert and avoid getting tired. It’s also important to allow your dog to rest when it needs to do so because exhaustion can lead to injury.
- Avoid other dogs on the trail. When hiking with your dog, it’s important to avoid other dogs on the trail. Dogs can become territorial and may react aggressively toward another animal if they believe their territory is being threatened. It’s best to hike on trails where there aren’t likely to be other hikers or dogs out walking as well.
- Be aware of what’s in the trees/bushes. When hiking through the woods, keep in mind that there could be poisonous spiders or snakes up in the trees. It’s also a good idea to wear insect repellent to keep mosquitoes and other pests at bay.
Acadia Antlers is a small family business that has its roots deep in the Acadia National forest of Maine selling only the highest quality, naturally shed moose antler dog chews for over ten years and counting!! Our humble beginning started at a roadside stand right on the outskirts of the Acadia National Forest selling to tourists visiting the area as well as locals. The response to our all-natural, long-lasting chews has been incredible, and we strive to continue to be the premier source of moose antler dog chews across the country. Our antlers touch the lives, hearts, health, and happiness of not only the pet but the pet owner as well. We are proud to be environmentally responsible – the recovery and use of our sheds and drops minimize our carbon footprint while enabling us to provide our pets with an all-natural, green product. Visit our website, acadiaantlers.com and follow us on Instagram and Facebook – to continue to receive more great pet information, please sign up for our newsletter.
Welcome to our family – Happy Chewing!!
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published